Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today I had my radiation planning. They had me lay on the table and they took x-rays, marked my leg where they'll be doing the radiation and took measurements of everything. I have to be in the exact position that I was in today every day when I go for radiation. I start on Monday at 3:50. I'll have to go everyday at that time for (hopefully only) 4 weeks. Should be interesting!

Yesterday I had an MRI. It was HORRIBLE! I ended up being in the tube for about 2 1/2 hours. They did the first series of pictures then they decided they needed more and then they had to pull me out and put an IV in for contrast shots. I didn't think I was going to be able to lay there. It was only supposed to be 40 minutes, but because they decided they needed more pictures, it ended up taking so much longer. Hopefully that's the last MRI I'll have to have! The dictation still hadn't been done for it when I went to my radiation planning appointment this morning. Hopefully the idiot who read my first MRI wont be reading this one! I still get mad just thinking about the fact that my first MRI was read wrong. If my pain had gone away, I would've been totally misdiagnosed! And being that my cancer is pretty fast-moving, who knows where it would've spread to. If anyone in Longview reading this ever has to have any type of imaging done, let me know and I'll tell you who read mine so you can request that he not read yours! :)

Tomorrow is my last appointment of the week. It's at OHSU with the orthopedic oncologist. I saw him after I fell and he wanted to see me again to take more x-rays and see how the fracture looks. I'm hoping that 1) he says I can do the 5K LIVESTRONG walk, 2) he OKs me to start using it more--like for exercising and 3) he gives me the OK to wear heels again. :)

Besides being really tired still, I'm feeling pretty good. The impetigo is even starting to go away! Thank goodness! I think that's been one of the most annoying things I've had to deal with throughout all of this!

The only thing I'm worried about right now is the fact that I've been having night sweats really bad. This was one of the things they always asked me right after I was diagnosed--it's a symptom/sign of lymphoma, but at the time, I hadn't experienced anything like that. I don't know why I would be now, but it scares me. Another thing is the fact that Dr. Kim looked at the MRI from yesterday and said he can still see the tumor. I thought it would be gone after all of the chemo. He said the difference between the first MRI and this one is like night and day, but still....I want it all gone. :(

No comments: