Thursday, May 13, 2010

18 weeks and 27 years

Today is a good day! Our baby is 18 weeks and I'm 27! Every year gets better and better and I have a feeling 27 is going to be the best year yet. My mom always reminisces with us when its our birthday. She remembers everything like it was yesterday and I'm thankful to know so much, even little details, about when I was born. I'm sure I'll be able to do the same thing with our children someday! It's so weird knowing that Joe and I were born at the same hospital in Puyallup 5 days apart---my mom was probably getting discharged as Jayne was checking in to have Joe!

Here's what's going on with baby this week, again taken off of my What to Expect app:

Week 18
This week, your baby is hitting the height chart at five and a half inches long and weighs about five ounces (the weight of a boneless chicken breast). The art of the yawn has been mastered by your baby this week. In fact, you might catch a glimpse of that adorable yawn if you're getting an ultrasound this month. You'll also catch a glimpse of all the fetal movement your baby's doing--twists, rolls, kicks and punches. Your baby is also big enough for you to start feeling those movements.

And because I think this is pretty amazing......"your uterus is about the size of a cantaloupe."

We're so anxious for Tuesday to get here! Boy or girl? I'm dying to know!

3 comments:

J.Han said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And those baby updates are sooooo trippy! (and awesome)

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I can't believe I didn't remember! Bad Krystal! So where are your baby belly pictures? You will remember every freaking detail of the birth. I do, for both. Times weights lengths moments everything.