Friday, May 14, 2010

A perfect day!

Between the two of us, Joe and I ate half of a 19 pound watermelon last night. That was my birthday dessert and it was SO good. Can't wait to eat the other half tonight! If there's been one thing I've craved lately it's been watermelon. I can't get enough! Thankfully the big ones are in the stores now, a lot more bang for the buck. The little personal size ones usually aren't as good and they're so expensive! This is our fourth watermelon of the season. My mouth waters just thinking about it. YUM!

Yesterday was a perfect day! I didn't tell anyone at work it was my birthday but then my friend Kendra sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers so then everyone knew. I had lunch with my sister, Sophie, Grandma, Aunt Boda and Aunt Susie at the Creekside and took a long lunch. An hour isn't long enough when there's cake to be eaten!

Joe had to work nights last night but we celebrated by having bbq'd turkey burgers, baked beans, salad and watermelon. It was about 74 yesterday so we got to enjoy dinner on our patio on our new patio furniture. Thanks, Kim and George---we love it! Joe got me the Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag I fell in love with a few weekends ago at Segal's. I love it! That was the last thing I expected him to get so I am a happy girl!

Mom and Dad are in Chicago so we didn't get to have my family dinner last night so we'll celebrate it on Tuesday---combine my birthday and Joe's. I invited Joe's parents down on Tuesday for dinner, Joe has no clue so it will be a nice surprise to walk in from our appointment and see them. We're going to have a lot to celebrate that night and I wanted to include them. I can't wait!

Tonight: Mexican with Kim, George and Sophie. A pre-celebration to the one on Tuesday. I LOVE knowing that my sister is so close to us now. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen her since the weekend and I haven't been to their house since Sunday but it's just nice knowing she's close---and we can get together and it doesn't have to be an all-day, planned out event. I can't wait for our kids to grow up together, it's going to be so much fun!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

3 comments:

a.claypool said...

I ate SO much watermelon when I was pregnant...and that's funny considering that we share the same due date basically. (Corbin's original due date was 10/14 but had him on 10/11).

Anyways, be careful with that. I made myself SO sick a few times by eating too much! Ha ha. And don't eat too much before bed because, towards the end, you'll PEE so much! Other than that...ENJOY! And it's not that bad for you.

silentbob14 said...

Hey nice to hear you're trying out blogging. I'm also trying out it and will see how it goes. Good luck

Unknown said...

Glad you liked the PPB bag and thanks for the shout out.

-Steve Segal-
Segal's For Children