Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bad kitty

Our sweet and innocent little Subie proved to be not so sweet and innocent this past weekend. Can't believe I forgot to blog about this yesterday, it was definitely the most stressful part of my weekend!

Here's how it goes. I was busy cleaning and doing laundry and Joe went with my dad to hit a bucket of golf balls before we took off for Vancouver. Everything was fine and I was folding laundry, Joe's underwear actually (haha) and Subie jumped into the dryer. I looked in to see what he was doing and I couldn't believe my eyes. He popped a squat and peed on Joe's underwear! It wasn't a full-on pee, just a few dribbles. Then he jumped out and ran away, he knew he did something bad. I was SO pissed. He's never done anything like this before. Ever. Him and Joe got into a little fight before Joe went golfing, they always play rough with each other but this time Subie went a little too far and Joe got really mad at him. So did he pee on Joe's underwear to get back at him? Or was he getting back at us for leaving him a couple of weeks ago and wanted me to see it?

Any help with crazy cat behavior is much appreciated! He's back to his sweet and innocent self now but I'm still having a hard time getting over it, perhaps because he did it right in front of me. Bad, bad kitty..

3 comments:

J.Han said...

Uh. When Chanelle would leave for long periods of time (Europe/doing TV shows on the East Coast) her cat would wait until she got BACK and pee on the curtains right in front of her. He's 4-5years old and he still punishes her. He also is reallllly cuddly right when she gets back from a trip-then brutally attacks her. Like "I'm so glad you're back!" then "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" cats are so KEWL!

Anonymous said...

Axle peeped on my leg while I was asleep in bed. He was mad that we left for the weekend. Male cats are just bad like that.
Keep an eye out, make sure he's not having issues in the litter box. No howling while urinating, no spotting, no bloody urine... Don't want to miss him telling you something is wrong.
Becky

The Gehrings said...

2 of our boys are "peebodies" as I call them. :( Male cats are naughty. (But they are also susceptible to bladder infections, so rule that out.)

Julius first started peeing when my brother moved out (after living with us for 4 months)...the vet said he was mad he lost a family member (that's why we had to get another cat in the first place). He then peed when we tried to cut back his food and put him on a diet because he weighed 18 lbs. :S I have a long laundry list. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with because I never know when it'll happen or how to fix it.

Hopefully you'll know the reason behind your Subie's behavior (being mad about you leaving/Joe being mad), so you can help put a stop to it. SERIOUSLY, I hope you have better luck with your buddy!