Saturday, March 21, 2009

A great weekend

Beautiful flower purchase from my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's. Aren't they pretty?! I love the green things. Anyone have any idea what those are called? They are so vibrant! And I like the texture---exactly the kind of flowers I want at my wedding.

This weekend has been great so far! Last night we went to dinner at La Hacienda with Kim, George, Sophie, mom, dad, Big George (George's dad) and Julie. Any night eating at La Hacienda is a good one! If you haven't tried it you should. It's the old Casa Azteca but 100x better. It didn't use to be that good but now we are all in love. Especially with their homemade tortillas. So good! After dinner we all went up to mom and dads to enjoy a few more minutes with Sophie. She is changing and growing at such a rapid rate! It's unbelievable. I see her a lot, but everytime she looks different. Bigger, stronger...it's crazy. She'll be three months on Monday!

Today I slept in until 6:30. Amazing! I actually enjoy getting up early I just find it funny that I can hardly ever sleep in later than that. Not unless I'm sick or just totally exhausted. Anyway, got up and had a blissful hour or so of quietness and coffee. Wonderful! I then forced myself to get my butt kicked by Jillian with her 30 Day Shred. I kicked it up to level 2 and I was amazed that it wasn't as hard as I had feared. Perhaps I'm getting stronger. Imagine that! I do notice my reject leg hurts a little. I think it's from all of the lunges and squats. I remember my bone doc saying if it hurts don't do it, so I think I need to take it a little easy...maybe do the modified version? So frustrating.

At around 9:30 I got a call from my college friend Breann wanting to meet for coffee. I hadn't even showered yet but told her I could be ready in 20 minutes. Again, another advantage of my short man-do!! I met her and another girl I went to WSU with at Starbuck's for coffee. They are both dating guys from Longview. Small world! After coffee their boyfriend/fiance showed up and I called Joe and we all went for lunch. Jesse and Tylor are both really nice guys and Joe really liked them. They're both totally into motorcycles so that's pretty much all it took for the three of them to hit it off! We had lunch at the little cafe at the Kelso Theatre Pub. One of their friends, Brady, is the head chef so he made us pizza. The same kind I had on Tuesday that was so good....garlic and feta. So good!

It was great to spend time with them and catch up on everything. It's crazy to think it's already been more than 4 years since we all lived in the sorority together!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments: