Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One year ago today....

We were on our way up to Seattle to meet with Dr. Conrad. Furthermore, we were hours away from finding out the results from the pathology report. Has it really only been a year?! In some ways it feels like a lifetime ago---in other ways it feels like it never happened---it's so weird.

I can't remember what time my appointment was last March 3, but I know that after we left with the news, we decided to stop by U Village! Nothing like a little retail therapy to make things better! :) Actually, when we parked we started calling people and the reality of everything started hitting hard so we just drove home. March 3 was one of the only days I cried. It was when my sister called Shirley to tell her the news and when she was telling her she started crying. Then it was like a chain reaction in the car. Oh man, I hope I never have to have a day like that again. I will say I'm so glad that I was the one who had to go through everything. People say I was "so strong" throughout everything, but had I been the one watching one of my family members go through this, I don't think I would've held up as well....

Here's the post immediately after my appointment last year. I hate the "f" word, but not when it comes to this t-shirt!

I meet with Dr. Nichols, the oncologist that I saw in Portland, Thursday. Although I don't think my year of remission is considered until after I've been done with chemo for a year, I consider this week a huge milestone and can't wait to get another good bill of health from him!

No comments: