Thursday, March 19, 2009

This is so stupid! First off, we never received an initial notice, just a final notice. However, because everyone is so upset about it, I've been hearing about this for weeks.

As of yesterday, all Comcast customers have to have a stupid box to view any channel over 31. We already have one in our family room, but we have never had one in the bedroom or our work out room. So now we can't get any channel over 31 on those two. How can they do this!? All of the channels I watch at night in bed are over 31. TLC, HGTV....and now I have to wait until Joe gets the stupid boxes hooked up. And Joe only watches ESPN, Sports Center (are those the same?!) in the workout room so we have to have one in there too. I guess we wouldn't have to, but after he spent so much time getting that room set up, I want him to be able to enjoy it! We also pay to have all of those channels! The TV in the workout room is the one that he mounted on the wall so we wouldn't have to deal with cords and stuff. Where are we supposed to put the damn thing?? Stupid Comcast...

In other news, the Spelling Bee was great on Tuesday! I lost interest in the Spelling Bee pretty early on, but it was fun to hang out with the girls. Mrs. Julian, one of my teachers in 6th grade, and her husband own the Kelso Theatre Pub so it was fun to see her. I think she was pretty excited to see me! For some reason she's always liked me. Weird, huh?

As of April 1st, I will be double covered with health insurance. YAY! I'm back full time at Clary's again, so that kicks in again. Frustrating after all the crap I went through to get on Joe's, but I'll take it. Someone at work told me there's no such thing as being "double covered" but after confirming it with the insurance broker and Joe's insurance, there is. It would be a benefit for the insurance companies if I wasn't, but why would I let them get away with that?! And besides, Clary's pays all of our insurance so I don't have to pay anything out of my paycheck. An awesome benefit. Their premium will probably go up at renewal next year being that I'm damaged goods though. When I was trying to get health insurance, every provider rejected me because of my cancer. I understand it increases their cost a lot, but I was done with treatment and probably healthier than I've ever been before. Even with at crazy $10,000 deductible they still wouldn't accept me. Crazy.

What else? I'm a little worried I'm becoming like my dad as far as sleeping habits go. I find myself waking up earlier and earlier every morning. And the bad part is I'm ready to get up. I'm all about early rising but I really think that 3:30-4am is a little too early....

Jessica emailed me last night and said she has the rest of our engagement pictures done. I can't wait to get them from her today! Now we'll have all of the pictures digitally and be able to have Molly start working on our save-the-dates....which should have been done a month or two ago. Whoops.

By the way, we have a wedding website! Check it out at http://www.katieandjosephswedding.com/. I'm still working on it, hopefully it will be totally finished soon. Sign our guestbook! You'll be the first! :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments: