Sunday, January 3, 2010

K&J babysitting adventure

Last night Joe and I got to watch Sophie while Kim and George had a date night. For Christmas we gave George a gift certificate to Andina in Portland and a night of babysitting, so yesterday I called to see if they wanted to cash in. Lucky for us, they did! They said the restaurant was amazing, I can't wait to try it!

We had a blast with Sophie! Uncle Joe has really gotten attached, a lot just within the last few weeks. It melts my heart to see it! When he heard her start to cry (she was napping when we got there), he took off up the stairs as fast as he could. I wanted to be the one to console her, darn it! She looked a little confused when she saw him, kinda like, "what the heck are you doing here?" but soon warmed up and started smiling and was a happy camper. We played the entire time they were gone----I think she got really tired at the end because she just sat and snuggled on my lap and let me read to her. I love her more and more everyday! Can't wait till we get to watch her again!

I was exhausted when we got home though, it's hard work! Waking up this morning with no cares in the world and knowing that my sister is up and at it again with Sophie makes me realize how easy I have it. Being a parent is a non-stop job. They depend on you for everything, even at Sophie's age! Being a mom (or dad) has got to be the hardest yet most rewarding job ever.

Before we went to babysit, we stopped by Spanky's, a consignment store in Vancouver so I could drop off clothes. I cleaned out my closet and took 3 bags of stuff. They took about 70%, the other 30% is going to the Goodwill today. It's fun a fun way to make a little bit of money! The last group of stuff I took made me $70! I must admit it made me realize I need to buy a lot less. Especially when some of the stuff I took still had tags. Embarrassing. Granted they were Ross tags so I didn't spend a lot of money, but still...pathetic. Add that to the New Years Resolutions: buy less, don't buy unless I KNOW I'm going to wear it and if not, return it....don't leave in closet with tags on just to take to Spanky's 6 months later.

I'm pretty bummed that tomorrow is Monday. Officially back to the routine---it's been nice having short work weeks. Nice is an understatement--it's been heavenly.

Time for my Sunday morning routine---coffee and The Daily News. I go buy one every Sunday and sit with my scissors and go through all of the ads and clip coupons. I always have good intentions of using them and saving money but forget to take them to the store with me half the time! Maybe that should be another resolution!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Yessss! I totally clipped my coupons yesterday! How kewl are we???