Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend recap

Ahhh, Monday already? When my alarm went off I thought for a second it was just a bad dream. No such luck. The weekend, as always, went way too fast. :( It was a good one though! I had fun AND got started on my New Years goals....got one of our closets totally cleaned out. It felt so good!

Saturday Kim and I had a Sister Saturday. We did a little shopping, got coffee and then had another foot/head/shoulder massage at Lao Shan Massage. It was 30 minutes of heaven! We went back to Kim's house to get George and Sophie and then left for dinner at Ken's Artisan Pizza. It was early but if you don't get there (and in line) before 5, you have to wait in a super long line. We got lucky and got a table right away. This was my first time eating there and I can't wait to go back. The pizza was amazing! As were the appetizers and two desserts we had! Another 'must try' if you're in Portland. I can't wait to go back with Joe.

Yesterday I got stuff done around home and then babysat Sophie while Kim and George went to the Blazer game. It was so much fun! She's getting so animated and active. It's so fun to watch!

Here's to hoping this week goes as fast as last week. Joe gets home from his Avalanche training tonight sometime. YAY! I like having the house to myself every now and then but he was gone too long this time. It was lonely! He has class until 4 today so he wont be home until late. He said on Friday they had to practice using their beacons to find something...turns out it was a ski patrol buried about 4 feet under the snow in a snow cave. They had to dig to get him out. I think he's learned a lot....hopefully how dangerous it is to ski in avalanche prone conditions!

No comments: