Sunday, December 5, 2010

Beach, Apple Cup......a day of firsts for Liam!


Dad texted me this picture of sunrise at the beach on Friday. Gorgeous! We took Liam to the beach house for the first time yesterday. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky! It was a fun and relaxing day. Watched the Civil War, dad and Joe played Wii when they got bored of the game, mom cuddled with Liam a lot and I just enjoyed relaxing and having a change of scenery! Mom and I also went for a walk on the beach. It was too cold to take Liam out, he stayed home with the guys. When the game was over we went and met my cousin and his girlfriend who came to go clam digging. So much fun! My mom and I stayed in the car with Liam but it was so fun to drive on the beach, watch the sun start going down and watch everyone digging. Joe doesn't have a license but dad does so he got to dig. Got his limit in about 20 minutes or so. Joe had a blast being out there and has decided he's going to buy a license and clam gun today. :) After that we grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the house to watch the Apple Cup. The Huskies probably should've won by a lot more. It was an exciting game to watch. At least I thought so, although I know nothing about football! I just enjoy watching it because it takes me right back to college. It seems like just yesterday I was one of the students in the stand cheering on the Cougs during the Apple Cup. And I always remember the Apple Cup we won---everyone charged the field but I was scared to jump down to the field so I nearly got trampled. Hahahaha!

The drive home was great, I was nervous about Liam crying but he slept the entire way. He was so out of it we were able to take him from his car seat and put him in bed without him even waking up. Makes mommy happy! Also makes me so, SO happy that he's sleeping longer stretches. And at night, when he's supposed to! Last night he slept from 7:30 till midnight. Fed him and he slept again until 5am. Hallelujah!

On the agenda today: Joe just said he'd like to go back to the beach! There's another clam tide tonight so he thinks it would be fun to go back down, clam dig and spend the night. He loves the beach just as much as my dad!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

1) BEACH ME! 2)Liam is like miracle baby! What a good boy!!! Can't wait to shove him in buckets and take pictures of him again. Haha