Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy news!

Liam didn't wake up until 5am this morning! I went to bed at 8:30 (don't judge, I'm getting old!), Joe fed him again when he woke up at 12:30ish and he slept from then until 5. 5am! I woke when he started fussing thinking for sure it was 2 or 3. I really had to look at my phone a few times to make sure it was really 5. Hooray! He's sound asleep again in his swing. It's amazing how good 5am feels after a good night of sleep. I've already had my first cup of coffee, got a load of laundry done and now I even have time (and energy) to blog! Let's hope this trend continues. Now that Joe is off until Tuesday I at least know I'll be getting more sleep than usual. Thank goodness we started giving him a bottle when we did, it's been a lifesaver! I'm so glad I stuck with breast feeding and powered through the pain now that it's getting easier. I really understand why a lot of women stop or don't try it at all. It's a full time job! It would've been so much easier if Joe could've helped feed him during the night from the very beginning. And the pain! Oh my...it was really bad for me. I would honestly rather give birth once a week than to have to go through the pain I had again. But that's gone now and I enjoy feeding him. Even if it does seem like it's constant. It's so cool to know that the pudgy little legs he's starting to get are all because of me. The human body is amazing!

Yesterday was a great day! Joe was working so it was just Liam and I. We went shopping for a wedding gift, went to lunch with Kim, George and Sophie, walked part of the lake and then spent the afternoon with Kim and Sophie. I LOVE having my sister in town. It's so nice to be able to do spur of the moment things! I took Sophie on a walk in the mall so Kim could shop faster and she saw Santa! Santa started talking to her and the first thing she said was "toys, toys, toys." It was so cute! And then she started saying Ho Ho Ho to him. She wasn't afraid of him at first but when we walked back by him the second time she grabbed my leg and wouldn't let go. Her and Liam are going to have so much fun together in a couple of years. I can't wait!

Alright, better get another cup of coffee in me before Liam wakes up. Keep your fingers crossed for another sleep filled night!

No comments: