Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday!

SO glad it's Friday. That's right, even though I'm not exactly living for the weekends anymore, I do live for when Joe isn't working night shift. It's definitely given me a taste of what being a single mom would be like. One word: horrible! He goes to bed as soon as he gets home at 8am and wakes up around 4:30-5ish. So basically I only see him about 2 hours everyday. Lucky for me he only works a few night shifts every month. I shouldn't complain considering how many people don't have jobs right now...it's just tough sometimes.

Liam is starting to sleep better and better! I have been writing down everything as far as his sleep schedule goes because I wake up and can't seem to remember and for the last few nights he has had the same schedule. We take a bath at 7, baby massage with "helps baby sleep better" lotion, pj's, nurse and then rock to sleep. Last night he wasn't wanting to sleep and I had to nurse him again at 8:30. He was asleep by 9:30 and slept until 1:40. It's getting harder and harder for him to wake up for that feeding though. He barley opened his eyes and was back asleep by 2:10ish. Slept again until 5. Still not great (compared to what other 7 weeks I've read about are doing) but hey, I'll take it. Anything beats having to get up every 2 hours! This morning after nursing he fell asleep at 5:30 and has been sleeping ever since. I used that time to exercise, shower, drink coffee and waste time doing this...even though I should be folding laundry, emptying dish washer... :) I deserve some 'me' time though, right?!

Ok, gotta get in my second cup of coffee before he wakes up! Happy Friday!

No comments: