Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sophie!


Sophie is 2 today! What an amazing two years it's been with her in our lives. She has been such a wonderful addition to our family! She's so loving, so funny, so amazingly smart, so gorgeous! I love her SO much. Everyone does! She is one lucky little girl! My sister texted me yesterday saying "this time two years ago...." (we like to reminisce!). Anyway, it made me start thinking about that night too. We were having pizza at mailto:Pie@trio and there was a TON of snow outside. It was the huge snow storm of 2008. Then we stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins and that's when we got the call that Kim was in the hospital. I remember being so incredibly excited! Joe and I rushed home, grabbed stuff and took off on the long journey to Vancouver. I remember freaking out at Joe for going too fast on the freeway. The roads were so bad I thought for sure we'd end up crashing and miss everything. Thanks, Subaru, for getting us there safely! We stopped and grabbed George some fast food in Salmon Creek then went to the hospital. And waited. And waited. Forever. I have a picture of Joe and dad sleeping in the waiting room. At one point George's sister went to her car and got her sleeping bag and camped out! But finally things happened and Sophie was born. Such an exciting night though! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOPHIE! Auntie and Uncle Koe love you so much!
Yesterday was Liam's two month check-up. Ready for this? He weighs a whopping 13lbs 14oz!! Apparently I'm making breastCREAM not milk. Hahahaha. His doctor said, "well, breastfeeding definitely agrees with him!" It makes me feel so good to know that every single ounce he's gained is a result of me. Nothing else! It's pretty amazing to think that my body allowed him to develop and grow for 9 months and is still continuing to do so. Unfortunately he also had to have his two month shots. It was horrible. I have never ever heard my baby scream like that. I thought for sure it ruined his sweet little personality! It was a painful, "I'm hurting" scream. So heartbreaking. He's pretty much back to his happy self this morning though. I've been dreading the shots but his pediatrician sat and talked with us for about 35 minutes and explained everything. I had so many questions and concerns and she addressed all of them. One of my biggest concerns was the 'vaccinations cause autism' argument. She doesn't think that's true at all. In fact, she said she has a patient who is one of the most autistic little boys she's ever seen and his parents didn't get him vaccinated. Anyway, after hearing her talk and explain everything she made me feel a lot better about it. She is awesome. Love her! She saw Liam night he was born, she was the on-call doctor, and she remembered us. She has since even gotten her hair cut short like mine. Haha!
Off to work out while Liam takes his morning nap....hope he stays asleep until I'm done and showered! Here's to hoping! :)
P.S. For some reason it wont space between paragraphs.........sorry!

No comments: