Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ho HO Ho!

Hey look, it's Santa and Mrs. Claus! Aili and I tried to do a photo shoot of our little cuties but it didn't go very well. All Shailia wanted to do was sleep and all Liam wanted to do was scream. This is one of the best pictures I got. So funny! Shailia is 3 days younger than Liam.

I have to keep reminding myself that today is Thursday and not Monday! Joe was off Tuesday and yesterday so today feels like a Monday. Thankfully we still have a weekend left before Christmas. I have pretty much all of my shopping done, I just want a few days to enjoy the holidays. Looking at the tree, baking cookies...it never seems to go as planned though. Everything is always so rushed, so hectic. Even more so this year with a baby!

Yesterday the three of us went to Portland. Joe and I decided to splurge and buy ourselves a camera for Christmas. We've been using a point and shoot and we miss all of the good pictures because it's so slow. Liam will be smiling but by the time I get a picture he's on to the next thing. We decided to buy a Nikon D3100 DSLR. It is AMAZING. We are so excited about it! It also has HD video so we can get fun videos of Liam as well. Merry Christmas to us! :) We should've decided that was our Christmas present before we bought each other gifts though. Oh well...

This weekend is going to be hectic. Really hectic. Joe has to work until 8pm on Friday then on Saturday morning we have to drive up to Tacoma for a college friends wedding in the afternoon. The wedding is at 3 with reception, dinner and dancing, afterwards. Then on Sunday we need to leave early to get back home for Sophie's birthday. I know everything will be fine...it's just harder than it used to be. So much more to pack, so much more planning involved. I'm most excited for Sophie's birthday on Sunday. I really can't believe she's going to be two! She is the smartest and most amazing thing ever...we love her so much, can't wait to watch her open all of her presents. She definetely knows and understands that it's her birthday. So cute!

Ok, better go get some cleaning done while Liam is still sleeping. Who am I kidding though? As soon as I start cleaning he decides he needs to wake up. Which is why our house looks like a tornado hit! Oh well...there will always be a house to clean but not always a baby wanting mommy, right?! If anyone is bored and wants to clean...you know where to come!

No comments: