Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve! Wow! I said this in an earlier post but I wish time could stop now that I have all of the shopping, wrapping and baking done so I could just really enjoy everything. The Christmas movies, music, lights. It comes and goes way too fast!

Below is a picture of our Christmas cards. Joanna took a picture of hers so I decided to do the same. I LOVE getting Christmas cards in the mail! Such a simple gesture that I think means so much to everyone. And nothing like getting 'real' mail in the mail. I've loved checking the mailbox everyday to see what we get. My favorite cards are those with pictures. Even though I see these people on a daily basis and know what they look like, including their kids, parents, cousins, pets (thanks, Facebook) it's still fun to see what pictures are picked for Christmas cards. To anyone who didn't receive a card from me, please forgive me. I ran out of the Christmas cards/birth announcements so I had more made and I ended up running out of those too. Then I simply didn't have the time and/or energy to make more. Next year....
Ok, off to make Upside Down Cranberry Cake from Smitten Kitchen. My sister made it a few weeks ago for a dinner after seeing Erin made it on her blog and it was delicious! And so festive looking. I'll be taking this to Tacoma tomorrow for our Christmas celebration up there. Busy weekend begins now! Merry Christmas!

No comments: