Thursday, December 30, 2010

Brett Favre

As I was making my coffee this morning, I heard on Today that Brett Favre has been fined $50,000 for everything that happened with Jenn Sterger. Then they say that this $50K he's been fined is equal to missing 4 1/2 minutes of play. Are you kidding me?! I know he makes a ton but when it's stated that way, it really puts things into perspective. Ridiculous! It doesn't make much sense to me. Making incomprehensible amounts of money to throw a ball around and tackle people. Must be nice!

I spent a few hours at Kendra's house with Alyssa yesterday. It was fun to see Corbin and Noah play together. Noah and Corbin have totally different personalities. It was interesting to see them interact. Noah is a year older, maybe that has something to do with it? I was starting to get really mad when Noah started making fun of sweet little Corbin for not being able to beat him at Mario Kart though! Corbin kept wanting me to help him. Ha! He was better off without my help. Finally I took over completely and beat Noah. YES. It was close though and my competitive side kicked into full gear when he took the lead for a lap. :) Corbin wasn't too happy about his mommy holding Liam either. He wanted her to give Liam to Kendra. Alyssa said something like, "But mommy never gets to hold babies" and Corbin said, "But I'm your baby." (or something close to that). It broke my heart! It proved to me though that even at 3 years of age they don't really understand---and still need that one-on-one attention. Before going to Kendra's, I had lunch with my g'ma, aunts, mom, Kim and Sophie. Liam was asleep in his car seat most of the time but woke up at the end so I took him out. Sophie immediately went to Kim and her bottom lip came out. She got really sad. I said, "Are you sad Liam woke up?" Her answer: "Yeahhh..." in the saddest yet sweetest little voice I've ever heard. Maybe having an only child is the way to go! I can't even imagine how heart breaking it would be to see Liam act that way. I also can't imagine loving another baby as much as I love him. I know I would but still...how would that even be possible?! Someone on a baby forum I read said she's addicted to her baby. I think that's me. I can't get enough of him! I even find myself excited for him to wake up from naps now that I'm not totally exhausted. Every day is full of new things, new sounds, bigger smiles... He is simply amazing! Yesterday he discovered the toys hanging from his bouncy chair. Actually, he discovered that he can GRAB those toys that hang from his seat. I feel like I can literally see his brain working when he discovers these things. It's fascinating to watch. I am so, so, SO thankful I'm at home to witness all of this. If I had to go back to work, I'd be going back in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! I can't even imagine!

Alright, laundry time!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Hey Katie, I have to share something with you...I had the same thoughts about loving other babies when I was expecting our 2nd. He was born and I loved him just the same, and I've never had the thought since! We just had our 5th (Zander Phillip) today and it is so fun and exciting to have another newborn. There is nothing like it.... I know 5 sounds way crazy busy, but my husband and I both love this little boy to death! It is easier now when we have experience and know how to care for a newborn. Also, our other 4 are so, so excited to meet him. They all play so good together, a family is an amazing thing. :)
Fun to read your blog and see what you have been up to!
--Alissa (Byman) Forstie