Monday, December 6, 2010

Sweet, sweet Liam

This picture makes him look huge! He really doesn't look that big in real life!

I can't believe Liam is going to be 7 weeks on Wednesday! I'm worried I'm not savoring every moment enough, sad that we might not be taking as many pictures as we should and stressed that I haven't been keeping up with his baby book and writing (really writing in a journal, not blogging) like I told myself I was going to do. I find myself not even knowing what day it is! Looking at the calendar and realizing Christmas is so soon is mind boggling. How can it be? I really need to learn to not dwell on things I haven't done and just enjoy the 'now.' Last Friday we went and met Liam's newest little friend, Baby Gavin. Seeing Gavin made me realize how fast and how much Liam has changed. Liam looked like a big kid compared to Gavin (he's two weeks today). It's so bittersweet! I love the stage we're at now, I don't think I'd want to go back to those first few days, but why do they have to change so fast?! The other night I was rocking him to sleep and we were listening to his lullabies on my iPod but after they were over, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, the song that Joe and his mom danced to at our wedding, came on. I got the biggest lump in my throat. Every word of it is exactly what I wish for Liam. If you don't know the song, Google the lyrics. I don't like country but I dedicate this song to my baby!
Ok, enough with the sappy post. Someone needs a diaper change and breakfast.... :)

P.S. This post says Monday but it's actually Tuesday morning. I didn't get a chance to finish it yesterday. :)

No comments: