Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!




Happy 2011! We had the best weekend, I was so sad to see it come to an end yesterday! We spent our first weekend at the beach house. It was so nice, I felt like I was on vacation. Mom and dad have worked so hard painting and decorating and it definitely shows. It feels like home and I know we'll be creating so many great memories in the months and years to come. Joe and I went down on Thursday night since mom and dad were already there and Joe didn't have to work. On Friday Kim, George, Sophie, Joe's parents and my aunt, uncle, cousin and his girlfriend came down. The guys clamming on Friday and on Saturday. It was freezing but SO gorgeous. Looking outside you would've thought it was August. Not a cloud in the sky pretty much the entire weekend! I can't wait to go back. I think my sister and I are going to do the Beach to Chowder Challenge in June. There are so many fun events that happen down there that I never knew existed. It's going to be fun to take part in the festivities!

It hasn't really hit me that it's 2011 yet. As we counted the seconds down to it on New Year's Eve, I didn't really feel any emotion. Usually I get sentimental and start thinking about the past, the future...life in general. This year I was just so excited to get to bed I wasn't really concerned! Maybe next New Year's will be different when I'm feeling more rested and Liam is older? Or maybe this is just part of getting older? Guess I'll find out next year.
I don't really have any New Year's resolutions but there are several things I really want to try to do.

-Take more pictures!
-Take a photography class and really learn how to use our new camera
-No dwelling on the past or future, enjoy TODAY everyday

-Start meal planning better. Feel like I make the same things day in and day out...

-Start having date nights with Joe now that life is semi back to normal

-Learn how to cut mens hair. Getting Joe to go get his haircut is a huge ordeal. The way he complains about having to go, you'd think it actually causes him physical pain! If I learn how to cut it, I hope to eliminate that issue and I'll be able to do it everytime it starts to look shaggy. Like today...needs it cut desperately! Plus, money saved cutting it myself = more for me to spend on fun stuff, right?!!?

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2011!

2 comments:

J.Han said...

OMG Katie, same with Abe! (with his hair) it's like he's being asked to get his teeth pulled or something? haha. Unfortunatley Abe DID try to let me cut his hair, and now he wont ever let me try again. :( haha

a.claypool said...

1) I would love to help you out with the date night thing! Please let me know if you decide on a night...I have Sunday, Monday and Wednesday nights free usually!

2) I can also help you learn how to cut boys hair! I cut Corbin's myself...and I'm sure it's saved us money as I've never taken him to a salon. So, you can use your skills on Joe and Liam! I'll let you know next time I am going to cut Corbin's hair!