Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh. No.

Liam is refusing to take a bottle. I pumped yesterday because I had a dentist appointment and wanted my mom to be armed in case he got hungry. Big fail. He refused it. I thought maybe he just wasn't hungry but last night I made Joe try again, when I knew he was starving (he had been sucking on my face). Refused it again. Got rather pissed actually. Shaking his head, screaming...it was pretty pitiful. Joe said, "he's probably not taking it because you're watching him!" So I left the room. Went to brush my teeth. I could hear him screaming from the bathroom. Wouldn't have it. I must admit, it kinda makes me feel good---he likes me better than the bottle---but also makes me a little upset to think that I may never be able to leave him for more than 3 hours at a time! I'm sure he'd take a bottle if he was hungry enough but I would never be able to relax and leave him with someone knowing that it takes a lot of crying to reach that point. Any suggestions? I don't think we were consistent enough with giving him bottles. I'm a lazy pumper, it's much easier to just breastfeed real quick and be done with it. There aren't many times that I'm away from him longer than a few hours so I guess we might just have to deal with it.

Last night was night two of him sleeping in his crib! He was in bed at 8:45 and I didn't hear from him again until 5:30 this morning. Fed him real quick then and he's been asleep since. So nice! He's probably sleeping a lot better...his bassinet was becoming pretty cramped quarters for him. I feel bad complaining about being sleep deprived in the early weeks now that he's sleeping longer--it went so fast. I need to remember that next time around, it doesn't last forever. I think everyone who said 12 weeks is definitely right. He's been sleeping more just the last few days. Tomorrow is 12 weeks, we made it! I remember hearing that at the beginning and thinking, "great news but that's TEN MORE WEEKS" and thinking I couldn't make it. Well, I did. And it went way too fast.

Going to try giving him a bottle again today. I don't mind exclusively breastfeeding but it would be nice to have that girls day that my sister and I have been talking about and leave him home with daddy!

No comments: