Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Got milk?

My friend Carly and I went to a La Leche meeting this morning. I admit I was a little apprehensive about going, thinking for sure it would be hard core breastfeeding moms who nurse until their kids go off to college! We were also a little afraid we might have to do something crazy to be a part of the 'meeting' like shave our heads or as I told Joe this morning, show our boobs before entering. :) I was pleasantly surprised though. We were worried we might be the only two, but there were probably about 10 moms and babies ranging from 6 weeks to 6 years. Basically just a lot of moms talking about the whole experience, getting and giving advice, etc. I asked about our bottle issue and they said it's most likely his age; he's smart enough to know that a bottle isn't me and he wants the real deal. But like my friend Krystal said, they all reminded me that in a few months he'll be able to eat other foods/rice cereal so I'll be able to go longer between feedings. I'm not very concerned anymore though. Especially now that he's sleeping at night. The biggest reason I wanted to do bottles was so that I could sleep. I didn't think I would ever sleep again. Knowing Joe could give a bottle helped me power through the rough days. Anyway, I'm glad we went. It was fun to see all of the other babies too.

Liam slept awesome again last night! In his crib! Joe put him down at 9 and he slept until 5:30. I fed him at that time and then he slept again from 6:30ish until 9:15. It's so nice! I feel like a different person! And when I start getting tired late in the day, it's so nice knowing that he's most likely going to sleep a big chunk. Just hope he keeps it up! However, as much as I love this sleep that I thought I'd never get again, it makes me a little sad knowing he doesn't need me as much as he did. It's just all so bittersweet...

Alright, off to get some stuff done and make myself stay home. Why do I feel the need to constantly be on the go? I'm sure Ross doesn't have anything new since I was there yesterday. Or Target either!

No comments: