Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's still falling out...

Morning! I thought cutting my hair super short would make it seem like it was falling out at a slower rate. Not the case! It's still falling out very fast. Just touching it makes it fall out. I guess this butch cut will only be temporary after all. Looks like I'll be going completely bald!

I'm going to work this morning. I'm going to wear my hat. It screams out that I have cancer, but oh-well. I do have cancer, so why should I hide from it? And besides, my head is freezing! I didn't realize how much warmth all that hair I had provided!

We'll see how long I'm able to make it this morning. I slept all night, but I'm not feeling good. Joe is making breakfast and I can barley stand the smell of it. I can't eat this morning and I feel nauseous after taking my anti-nausea medicine. My ears and throat are hurting pretty badly this morning, too. Hopefully that's just allergies. Having a sore throat and no appetite make it even harder to eat though!

I made it to cancer class last night. I wasn't able to make it to last weeks class, so I was glad I was able to go, especially since it was the last class. Last night was survivor night. People that have gone through chemo/radiation and are back to normal came to talk about their experience. It's amazing how differently people react to chemo. One guy said he only got nauseous three times....and he ate enough for three people. He said he was constantly stuffing his face. Then another lady said that the was the exact opposite. She couldn't eat, she was exhausted...that's definitely how I'm feeling. The cancer class teacher said that younger people tend to have harsher reactions to chemo. It seems like it would be the exact opposite! She also said that the treatment I'm getting is very strong stuff, so my symptoms are worse.

No comments: