Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 Weeks!

You can always tell when Joe's working---I have to take silly self portraits!

I follow a blog called The Southern Belle Baby and for her weekly baby updates she did a short survey---I'm going to copy her and try it this week!

How far along? 30 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Still have no clue! I always strike up a conversation with the nurse now as I step on the scale...she starts talking and doesn't stop to say the weight and just writes it on my chart!!! I had a new nurse on Tuesday though so I said, "I don't need to know" as I stepped on the scale. She said, "It's really not as bad as you think." Maybe she's right, maybe she has no idea what I think is bad! ;)

Maternity clothes? Yes, yes, yes. Gone are the days of wearing regular pants...even with my Bella Band. So uncomfortable! Still wearing (some) pre-pregnancy tops though, like the one pictured above. Getting a little tight though!
Sleep: Such a beautiful word! And that's all I've wanted to do lately. My energy, like my blog, has been non-existent the past few days. Even after sleeping for 8 hours a night. Big bummer.

Best moment this week: Finally deciding when I'll give my two week notice at work. The end is near and sleep is calling my name!

Movement: Think he's going to be a soccer player! Most movement is in the morning and right before I go to bed. Or whenever Joe shines a flash light on my tummy. He kicks immediately--or is probably finding his hands to cover his eyes!
Food cravings: Still nothing crazy. Now that I've made it this long without cravings I'm wondering if they're really true. Like the women who make their husbands get up in the middle of the night to go to McDonald's? Not buying it! Still loving my fruit though. Ate 4 pounds (not a typo) of blueberries in 2 days. Whoops.

Gender: Better still be a boy!

Labor signs: No thank you!

Belly button in or out? Still normal as of this morning. Joe says babies goal is to make it pop out in the next 10 weeks. I'm hoping that's not the case...

Stretchmarks? Not as of this mornings daily stretch mark check!

What I'm looking forward to: Having more time to nest when I'm done working, childbirth class and seeing our little guy for the first time.

Weekly wisdom: Listen to your body. I think I've overdone it more than once and now I feel like I'm paying for it....

Milestones: 30 weeks! We could have a baby in less than 10 weeks, hopefully I don't go over more than 40!

2 comments:

The Gehrings said...

Katie, you look SO great!!! Congratulations again!

J.Han said...

Yeah, you're like one of those skinny bizzos with a baby bump! your arms and butt and legs are still skinny JERK!!!!! and the no stretch mark thing, I have them and I'm not even knocked up! (well not in the belly area...but you know). Good thing your blog as been non-existent because I would've been bummed if I "missed" one with the chaos of this week! hope to see you SOOOOOOON!