Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend re-cap

Another busy weekend! Friday we went for dinner at Nostrana in Portland with Kim and George. It was SO good! Then we went downtown Vancouver and had ice cream at Ice Cream Renaissance. We'll definitely be going back there. All of their ice cream is homemade. Yum!

Saturday Joe and I had an all-day child birth class. It was a lot to take in but we both walked away feeling a lot more confident about everything. There were some pretty sad people in the class. Three single moms with their moms and a couple of girls who looked like they MIGHT be 17. One of those girls was at the class for her 4th time. Already has three little ones at home. The teacher asked why she decided to come for a 4th time and she said, "Gets me away from the kids for the day." Nice, huh? Joe was a great sport and handled all of the videos and discussions about what's about to happen to me great. I think he's definitely more at ease with everything than me! I didn't have any problem watching the birth video but I did have a problem watching the birthing of the placenta. Everyone says I wont remember it or see it but on the video it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen! I guess I didn't realize that once the baby is out I have to keep pushing to get that out....hopefully everyone is right and it will be painless and memorable-less!

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day since Joe had to work all night. I read, grocery shopped and got stuff done around the house. Sundays are so different now that I don't have to be stressed about getting everything on my to-do list done before Monday. What didn't get done yesterday is on my list to do today!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, it's time for another picture!!!