Saturday, August 7, 2010

I did it! After stressing for days about doing it, I finally gave my two-week notice at work yesterday. My original plan was to work until August 25th, the last day of the pay period, but Joe has his long week off starting the 19th so we decided to have my last day be the 20th so we can spend time together on his break. I was SO nervous all day yesterday. I decided to go tell my boss at 4:30. After stressing for 7.5 hours, I went and got one last pep talk from my friend Robby and then went into his office. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He told me all about my replacement (I've known about her for months) and said, "Her name is Katy, does that make you feel bad?" Let me think about it.....NO.

My last day will be the 20th, unless they decide they don't need me that long. Katy is starting on Tuesday now that they know I'm done soon. Maybe they wont want to keep me until the 20th with her there. We shall see!

Anyway, I'm so relieved I did. A little bittersweet though too. I'll definetely miss some of the people that work there. I know I'll still see those people after I'm gone, it's just not as easy as walking from my desk to their desk. I think the hardest part is grasping the fast that I wont be working two weeks from now. It's all I know! We've known I would quit when we had a baby even before I had got pregnant but everything has just come so fast. Including working there for almost 4 years. It doesn't even seem possible. Lots of life changes have happened to me since I've been there. Diagnosed with cancer, engaged, a marriage and now a baby. All in 3 1/2 years!
I'm so glad I'll have time to get rested up and spend time getting things ready before baby comes. As my mom always says, in a few weeks I'll begin the hardest job I'll ever have. I can't wait to start my new adventure!

2 comments:

a.claypool said...

Congratulations and proud of you! Now you don't have to cut lunches short anymore. I had an epiphany at work yesterday too...and I'm going to put in my 2 weeks at the gas station, ASAP. The little bit of extra money that I make is NOT worth the hours of Corbin's life that I miss.

P.S. I have a book that you HAVE HAVE to read before your boy gets here. I'll get it to you soon.

wej said...

hello.
=)
been here... u can visit my blog, too! ;)

Apple iPad Tablet (64GB, Wifi)

Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens