Sunday, August 22, 2010

A work filled weekend


I'm definitely going to need a few days to recover from this weekend, we've been working all weekend. I came home for lunch on Friday and Joe had most of the flower beds pulled up in the front yard prepping them for new bark dust. We needed it bad. My mom helped him weed while I was at work and after we went to pick it out. We ended up hauling and using 4 1/2 yards for the front yard. It looks SO much better! I can finally look out the window and be happy with what I see. That project took all day Friday and most of yesterday.

While Joe was finishing up yesterday, my dad started in on the back yard. We haven't been able to successfully grow grass ever. Our back yard looks like Iraq. Tons of sand and no life. Dad cut the dead grass into squares and this morning Joe started pulling it all up and hauling it to the dump. 4 truck loads later it's almost all gone. Now we have a fresh start, going to plant new grass and can once again enjoy our back yard. Yes!

I helped as much as I could but stopped when Joe yelled at me for lifting and throwing 30 pound pieces of sod. If it doesn't hurt I feel like it's ok to do but per his demands, I stopped. I did more of the light work like weeding, pressure washing, spreading bark and best of all, watching. :)

We decided last minute to not go camping. The weather made a turn for the worst and although it never rained, we would've froze at the lake. And it definitely wasn't nice enough for boating. I'm glad we didn't go though, we got so much accomplished. Our little guy will have a beautiful yard to come home to now, not one filled with weeds and dead grass!

Joe's off tomorrow. And so am I! Best. Feeling. Ever. Our plan is to go pick up our glider for the nursery as well as the crib. So exciting!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

I am SO jealous of all your guys' productivity! Abe & I have only a million things that need to get done around the house and in fact we bickered on our walk last night talking about chores. HAHA!