Thursday, August 26, 2010

Loving the 'retired' life

Ahhhhh....it feels so wonderful to be writing this at 9:15am from HOME. I thought on Friday I was making the biggest mistake ever, quitting my job. So funny how fast that feeling changed. I was worried I would wake up on Monday in a funk not having 'work' to go to. I haven't felt that way all week. In fact, I haven't even thought about work at all! Even though it hasn't even been a week since my last day, it already feels like a long time ago. I keep thinking, "I don't want to go back to that place" and then I remember I don't have to.

Monday Joe had the day off so we went and picked up our crib and rocking chair. Joe was so excited to put everything together when we got home! The crib is gorgeous! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Vincent! And our chair is perfect too. Everything is starting to come together in the nursery and it makes me feel so much more content and ready for baby. I love going in to the nursery and just sitting in the chair and imagining what it will be like in 7 weeks, holding our sweet little boy and rocking him. I get teary eyed just thinking about it, I can't wait!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: