Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back to reality

We're home from Maui and now it's back to reality. I woke up this morning hurting more than ever. Joe had to go get me my medicine and I just now got enough energy to get out of bed and take a bath. This is the first day throughout all of this that I can honestly say I am depressed. I feel weak, scared, stressed, empty. I want to be normal. I want to get back to my routine of waking up, working out, going to work and feeling full of energy! Today the thought of food makes me sick, I'm alone after being surrounded with family/friends for 12 days, I feel like an emotional basket case...it sucks.

Although I wasn't able to do much in Maui, it was a wonderful escape for all of us. For 12 days I was surrounded by family. Every morning we'd wake up, go have breakfast and lounge around by the pool all day. For 12 days, besides being in pain, my mind was in a place far away from the reality that I will be faced with on Monday.

I try to stay strong and optimistic, but how can I do so when I'm in so much pain?

No comments: