Saturday, February 16, 2008

Maui here we come!

Well, it's 6:15 a.m. and I'm just finishing up packing. I really didn't think I would be able to go today. I was in SO much pain yesterday. I stayed in bed until 5:00 yesterday. My mom even brought stuff to me so I wouldn't have to get out of bed to brush my teeth. I forced myself to get up at 5 and take a shower. That was rough, but it actually made me feel better. I always feel better after I take a shower. And besides, I had a pedicure at Polished. I coudn't miss that!! :) They let us come through the back door so I didn't have to walk through PALS and she was very patient with me. Pedicures always make me happy, but that one really did it!
After that Joe met up with us and the two of us treked to Target. It's tradition to go to Target before going somewhere to stock up on magazines, books, gum....and last minute travel stuff that I'll probably never use, but it's always fun to buy! I found a book to buy called, "Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips." I'm praying that the pathology report comes back cancer-free, but it really helps to read about other people who have gone through the exact stuff that I'm going through right now. Joe paid for everything but he didn't realize until we got home that I bought that book. I think he was a little upset, being that he's so optimistic, but I want to read it. It's not depressing...I made sure of that before I bought it.

Alright, I gotta go blow dry my hair (oh how I'm dreading that!), finish packing and get ready. Our flight leaves at 12:40 but we're leaving really early. It's going to take a lot longer than it usually does being that I'm a total gimp. To clarify, I will not be sitting in emergency row seating today. I felt like such an idiot when I called and asked. They said, "Well, unfortuantely, because of your condition you wont be able to sit in the exit row seats." DUH. I can't even help myself, of course I wouldn't be able to help anyone else! I'm hoping there's room in first class and I can upgrade. I should be flying first class anyway!! ;) It's going to be so hard to leave Subie. He is so spoiled...I hope he gets treated ok. We're boarding him at The Spot. I hope it's not to traumatizing for him!

Goodbye for now....wish me luck in Maui! I wont be updating until my dad gets there with his laptop. I decided it's too hard to take mine...and updating this thing on my iPhone takes a long time, as I still havne't quite had time to master the keyboard!

Thanks again for all of your support...I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!


Love, Katie (View from our hotel!)


No comments: