Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday

Hello! I stayed at my mom and dads house last night. Joe went to Tacoma for his brothers birthday, but I didn't feel like going. He was on the fence about leaving me, but I wanted him to go and have fun. But last night I couldn't stand the thought of being home alone, so I stayed with them. I was going to bring Subie but decided he'd probably be better at home. He stalks Allie (mom and dad's dog) and we thought it would just be a stressful night for all of us if I brought him!

Anyway, I'm another day closer to going to the University of Washington! We're going to leave at around 9 on Monday morning. I'm hoping Joe comes home tomorrow night, but if he decides to stay up there, we'll swing by and pick him up on our way. I'm anxious to get up there. The pain has gotten a lot worse just in the last couple of days. I increased the amount of percocet I'm taking but it still doesn't go away completely. I'm scared to see what Dr. Conrad says, but I'm so ready for this pain to go away! I got an e-mail from a sales rep that comes to Clary's and he said, "Tell the doctors at UW that you're a Coug and you expect medical treatment on a higher level than their football program!" I'm thinking I'll wear my "Damn right I'm a Coug" sweatshirt! Just kidding....like I said before, if they can make me better, I'll be the biggest UW fan in Washington!
The doctor gave me a handicap permit! I haven't been able to go out, but it will come in handy when I do! My big adventure last week was to Safeway with my mom on Thursday. I needed to get out of the house desperately, so we went and I drove around in one of the motorized carts they have. It was so much fun!! It even beeped when I backed up! :) For the most part, I was an awesome driver. I only had one close call at the end, I cut the corner too sharp and almost took out the cereal display. Whoops!
My big adventure for today is going to be going to Vancouver. We're going to go get my sister and go to see 27 Dresses at Cinetopia. It's "Vancouver's Luxury Movie Theatre." http://www.cinetopiatheaters.com/ They have recliners and everything, so I'll be able to kick back and totally relax. Depending how I'm feeling after that, our plan is to go to Target. They have motorized carts there, too! Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it! It's too hard to crutch it around the store and try to shop! I have to time my drug doses right today so I don't sleep through the movie!

Thanks again to everyone for everything. The cards, the flowers, the text messages, e-mails, phone calls. It means so much to me! Please keep praying for me!

Love, Katie
P.S. Below are pictures from last night. We went to dinner with my dad's side of the family and Kamrynne was there. Seeing her was a huge stress reliever. She is so precious!











No comments: