Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update

Good Morning! Just wanted to give everyone an update as to whats going on. I'm waiting for Dr. Conrad (the doctor at U of W), to call me this morning. I hope to get more answers and hopefully find out what he thinks it is. I feel confident that it's nothing too major (cancer), but the unknown is so scary. My new goal is to stop researching stuff on Google. The Internet is a great thing, but in times like this, it has way too much information!

We talked to one of my parents neighbors who is a radiologist last night, and he seems to think it's a benign (non-cancerous) bone tumor. He said I shouldn't be in any pain being that I'm taking Vicodin, but I still am. I woke myself up the other night crying. I still can't put much weight on it and have been using crutches to get around. He said I should call the doctor and get something different to see if that relieves some of the pain.

Hopefully I find out something soon! We're supposed to be leaving for Maui on the 16th. I feel really bad taking more time off now that I've missed work because of this, but it's really out of my control. I just hope I'm still able to go to Maui, although I can't imagine going in the condition that I'm in right now.

Alright, that's all. I'll post more later. Thanks to everyone for all of your support and concern through this. It really means a lot.

Love, Katie

Sweet Subie


No comments: