Monday, February 25, 2008

I love Maui!

Aloha! I'm still in Maui. Joe left in Sunday, but dad got my flight changed so I'll be flying back with them and the Staples in Wednesday. The doctor didn't want me going back to work until at least the 29th so I couldn't stand the thought of staying home all day by myself. Mom has been taking care of me every day while Joe is at work...and I need her help bad, so I'm not sure what I would have done. The Hyatt is nice but I like where Joe and I stayed better. It's lonely with Joe gone but Kim and George are still here so I'm having fun. The pain from the surgery has started to go away but the pain I had before is still here. Today it's really bad, I think I over did it yesterday (I walked). Pathetic, huh?!

Anyway, despite being confined to the wheelchair, we've been having a great time. The wedding was gorgeous and so much fun! Joe loved it here. It was fun to be here with them since they've never been here before. David and Jayne loved it too. It's nice to have a couple more days here, but I can't wait to get home to see Joe and Subie. We had to board Subie for a week! Joe went to pick him up yesterday though and they said he did great. I'll be trying my hardest to make it to work on Thursday. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for missing so much. I just have to keep reminding myself that this has been totally out if my control. It's hard though!

I have my next appointment with Dr. Conrad in Seattle on Monday. That will be the day when I find out what the heck is wrong with me. Being away has been a huge stress reliever but I find myself getting scared again now that the appointment is getting closer. I just want to be better and done with this!

Alright, that's all for now. Don't be too jealous of the fact that I'm in Maui... It rained all day yesterday! Today is a different story but I won't get into that! :)

P.S. Please exuse the typos...I'm using my phone and I'm too lazy to go back and fix them all!

Katie

No comments: