Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last night in Maui


Well, we just watched out last sunset in Maui. I can't believe how fast the time has gone...and I was here longer than anyone else, 12 nights! I'm dreading leaving tomorrow simply because of the fact of what's ahead of me. I wish I could have left Sunday with Joe and gone back to work on Monday and just been bummed out about vacation being over. This time it means a lot more than that. I would give anything to be going back and getting back into the swing of things at work, but as soon as we get back we'll be getting my diagnosis from Dr. Conrad.

I think it will just be mom, dad and Kim going to Seattle with me on Monday. I want Joe to be there, but in a way I don't. I almost feel like I want to protect him from all of this. If it ends up being the C word, will he still want to be with me? Will I have to quit my job? Will I ever be able to have kids? This is such a scary time for me. Not knowing is the worst part, but finding out will be just as scary. Thinking about Monday makes me sick!

Alright, time to go get ready for our last dinner. We're going for dinner at Longhi's at 7:30 and then walk to Leilani's from our hotel after for some last chance Hula Pie. I've really had a relaxing/lazy vacation being that I can't even walk. I've been wheeled around everywhere we go! I can't wait till Joe and I come back and I can do everything we had planned on doing before all of this happened!

We leave for the airport at 2:30 tomorrow. Kim and George will be leaving at 12, but they're going to Kauai until Sunday. I'm jealous!

Love from Maui!

Katie

No comments: