Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday

I'm home again today from work. I had great intentions of going, but they switched my medicine and I feel nauseous, dizzy and extremely tired. It's amazing what drugs can do to your system. I don't understand what the big deal is and how so many people can get addicted. I feel like shit!

We got the blood test results yesterday and my CBC (complete blood count) is normal, but my sed rate and lymph % is high. I'm not really sure what that means, and I was told that is why the doctor I saw in Longview wants me to go to U of W.

We've been researching all about Dr. Conrad and we were even able to find videos online from presentations he's given. It's very encouraging to know that I'll be going to such a smart and reputable doctor. Finally we'll be able to get to the bottom of this!

We were also able to find that patients on Mondays see him for benign and unknown tumors, whereas Tuesdays are just those with cancerous tumors. At least he wasn't able to see that it was cancerous! I try to stay as strong as I can, but I'm so scared. I've never been so scared in all of my life. I just try to hide it, especially around my Mom. She is a basket case and when she sees me upset and crying, she gets upset and it makes it even worse. We'll get through it. I just have to keep telling myself that. No matter what it is, we'll get through it.

Everyone has been so supportive. Thank goodness for family and wonderful friends to help me through this!

In other news, only a little over a week until Maui. That's one of the only things getting me through this! Hopefully it will be a huge celebration trip of good news from the team at the University of Washington! I think I'll be the newest Husky fan. :)


No comments: