Friday, March 18, 2011

App discovery

Last night we had dinner with our friends Carly and Jeremy (Baby Gavin's mom and dad). It was soooo good and Carly told me all of the recipes she used came from the Whole Foods app. Finding that out and already having a current recipe obsession meant I didn't go to sleep until after 12:30 am! I am so excited about this app! I ended up making Kahlua brownies to take, one of my trademark desserts from the Portland Palate's cookbook. I forgot how addicting those things are. Need to get the leftovers out of the house ASAP. Joe and I got home and kept taking little tiny bites. You know, the kind where you stand in front of the pan and cut a tiny piece. And then another tiny piece. And then before you know it a HUGE piece is gone. Ughh. I also woke up with a pounding headache this morning. The kind of headache where you'd think I'd been drinking green beer all night. Could it possibly be from the minuscule amount of Kahlua that was in the brownies?! We had a great time last night, it's always so much fun to get the babies together, and it's fun when the husbands can join us, too!

I made myself get up and exercise this morning before Liam wakes up. I've been having him lay on his exercise mat and watch me...he seems to enjoy it...but this morning we're having a mini class reunion planning meeting (miss you, Joanna... :( ), so I needed to get it done early. It wasn't nearly as fun...I've come to love our morning routine and having Liam in the room watching and playing and talking to me. Have I mentioned lately how in love I am with this little guy?! He is my little buddy. I am so, so thankful I'm able to stay at home with him and experience everything with him. He is discovering and learning so many things everyday. I love being able to witness it!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Yes, pass those recipes along! Have I already told you that Abe now requests the turkey taco soup?