Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday things

LIAM IS STILL SLEEPING! And he's been asleep since 7:15 last night. After not sleeping through the night since returning from Maui, I'm a little shocked. Ok, a lot shocked! I've had coffee, eaten my breakfast and keep checking the monitor to make sure I can see him breathing. Maybe the so-called "4-month sleep regression" is over. We'll find out tonight!

We went to Liam's 4-month appointment yesterday. It was his 4-month but he was actually 4months 17days. He weighs 15lbs 14oz and is 24.5 inches long. Basically, he's perfect. Everyone loved him, Dr. Libby called herself his girlfriend. And he did SO good. We requested that purple hair didn't give him shots again (he had a bad experience with her, along with a few others I know), and he didn't even really mind the shots. Glad we're done with shots until May. I think it hurts me more than it hurts him! Anyway, his weight is the 54 percentile and his height this time was only in the 21 percentile. I asked for reassurance that he wont be a midget and she told me not to worry. Most likely this appointment was before a big growth spurt. She said the weight percentiles stay consistent but the height shoots all over the place. Like a staircase. At his 2-month it was way up, guess this is the way down month. She told us to keep trying rice cereal but I haven't tried again yet. I guess I should start soon. For some reason it makes me sad to see him start it! I was kinda happy when he didn't like it...he still prefers me! She said the most important part about having him take bites of it is because it has a lot of iron, something he's not getting a lot of by me breastfeeding. I'll try again today...

She told me something very interesting about breastfeeding. I'm sure I read this but forgot about it. The first milk that comes out is called the hind milk and it's really watery and quenches their thirst. Then the fore milk provides the nutrition. So it's like a 2 for 1 deal. So, so incredible! I can honestly say that I LOVE breastfeeding. I can't believe I've been doing it already for almost 5 months. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Happy Tuesday! He's still sleeping...it's now 7:35am! :) :)

No comments: