Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yesterday I told my mom and sister that within the next few months my hair will officially be the same color as Jamie Lee Curtis. I might as well give in, eat the Activia I have in the fridge and deal with it. The GRAY is getting out of control. It has slowly been coming in and I've been trying hard to convince myself it isn't that noticeable. Well, it is now. Like really. Joanna, Alyssa...need your hair dying expertise! I think I'm partially in denial because I really don't want to start having to dye it constantly. I haven't had to do anything like that since going back to my natural color in 2004. And it's been so nice. Not using hair dryer since I shaved it + not having to color = SO much more ME time! I did the Sharpie method last week (thanks, Jo) but the smell of permanent marker was too much to handle. Which obviously means I have TOO many gray hairs or else it wouldn't be so bad.

Lots of people say, "Ohhh, but you're going to have that pretty gray color" and I say, "Maybe so...but not at the age of 27!!!" I will now start researching my options. Don't they make like a rinse or something you can use in the shower?!?!

2 comments:

a.claypool said...

I don't normally like paying to have my hair streaked/weaved whatever it's called. But I also cannot keep up with dyeing my hair a solid color anymore, the growout is too much...

So, I am going to probably keep streaking it with light colors, because the grey coming in is MUCH less noticeable. And, eventually, I'll probably just integrate the grey. Ha ha.

J.Han said...

I will show you a "How to" w/ pictures on my blog the next time I dye my hair! But in the meantime I'll just tell you! I get 1 box of dye (once you find a shade that works, just stick with it!) I like "L'Oreal Feria" (I also like a color by Garnier Nutrisse-but find that it does not last as long). I have gotten SO cheap about it, that I just use 1/2 a bottle/tube, so 1 box=2 dye jobs. I went to Sally's and got a plastic bowl/dye brush for like $2-$3, and first dye job (in new box) I just measure out 1/2 and 1/2 and ignore the tiny packet of "smell good" stuff. Then I mix in bowl and close tube/bottle up tight for next use and paint dye on my roots only (since my hair is so long now it would take 2 boxes to actually dye all of it!). Then I let it sit for (the directions say like 25-30 minutes) I let it sit for 45-60 and have gone longer, doesn't hurt anything! Then shower and voila, dyed hair! I'll be dying again in about 2 weeks so I can show on my blog then. text me if you have any questions!