Wednesday, March 5, 2008

B-Cell Lymphoma

I just got a call from the oncologist patient coordinator at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance in Seattle. My appointment with the oncologist doctor is set for next Thursday, March 13 at 8:30 am. I wont start radiation that day, it's just a 90 minute appointment talking about my cancer, treatment, etc. When she called yesterday, I asked if she could tell me exactly what type of lymphoma I have. There are so many types, and Dr. Conrad didn't really say. I think that's the oncologists job, but I wanted to know more. At first she said she wouldn't be able to tell me, the oncologist would have to, but today she said I have B-Cell Lymphoma. Whatever that means! Actually, I've been researching ever since she called and I've read a lot about it. I found out that B-Cell lymphomas make up about 85% of non-Hodgkin lymphomas in the US, but on another webpage I read that lymphoma in the bone is typically the Stage 4. Thanks for the info, Google. :/ We'll find out more Thursday, but keep praying that this is only in my femur!!

I worked 5 hours today!! I'm pretty proud of myself. I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck and didn't think there was anyway I'd be able to make it in, but I had Joe drop me off at 8 and I worked up until 1. I'm pretty exhausted now though, but it felt so good to be back into the swing of things. It makes me feel like I'm normal again!

Thanks again for all of the calls, prayers, e-mails, flowers, cards. It's amazing how much support I have!

No comments: