Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm not alone!

Mom and I went to the Diamond Showcase to get our jewelry cleaned and get new backs for my earrings and as soon as Dan saw me in a wheelchair he came and asked what was going on. I told him all about it and he gave me a website of a girl who is a couple years older than me but has gone through what I'm going through---except she had a very large brain tumor. Although her condition was much more serious than mine, it is so encouraging to read about other peoples situations. I'm definitely not alone in this! http://www.christinaahmann.com/ She has a pretty awesome website, too. I think I need to upgrade from this free blog and create something more personal!

I went in to work today for the first time since all of this has happened. I remained strong until I saw Cindy and then I lost it. It's such an emotional time. It doesn't help that everyone wants to know what's going on and I have to repeat the story 384782 times, but I know it's just because they care. Although I'm still in really bad pain, I'm going to work tomorrow. My goal is to make it all day, but if not till 5:30 at LEAST until 1. I can do it! There's so much to do I wont have time to think about being in pain!

We talked to Dave Wright, a radiologist and neighbor of my parents tonight. He told my mom that he thinks since the lymphoma is already in the bone it's probably in a few other areas as well. Very discouraging, but I'm going off of what Dr. Conrad said with it just being in my femur until the bone scan says otherwise.

One last thing: as soon as I got home and out of my wheelchair tonight, Joe jumped in. He's mastering the art of wheelchair wheelies. Here are some pictures. I must admit, he's getting pretty good. I just wish he'd start wearing a helmet!! :)





No comments: