Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! Yesterday after our appointment at the fertility clinic in Portland, Joe, Subie (yes, the cat ALWAYS gets to come with us!) and I drove up to his parents house to spend Easter with them.
Joe gave me two shots yesterday! I told the nurse at our appointment that he needed to learn since we'd be out of town and I wouldn't have Sue to fall back on, so she just made him do it. I wanted him to practice first!! She just gave him the syringe and told him to pretend it was a dart. Nice. I was pretty nervous, but I knew if he tried to kill me, we were at least close to the hospital!! He did a great job, no problems at all! He's given animals shots in his animal science classes.....and he's artificially inseminated a cow....I think he's qualified to give me a shot! :) He had to give me the second one last night. He pushed a little too hard, so it hurt a little, but I suppose he'll get better as time goes on? Hope so!

The nurse at the fertility clinic asked if I would be able to wait 2 weeks (until I start my period), to start chemo. They want my ovaries to go back to their normal size before I start treatment. She said if I can't wait, no big deal, but I want to do everything possible to protect them! I can start taking prednisone once I'm done with the fertility stuff and the doctor said that would take away most of my pain. I just don't know if he'll want me to delay chemo any longer. We'll see.

My pain level is about a 7 1/2 this morning. A little lower! I got yet another prescription for stronger oxycontin, so I hope it brings the pain way down.

We'll be having a big Easter thing at 2 and Joe's aunt and uncles, then we'll head home. I'll be wearing my Adidas pants. My leg is so swollen, my jeans don't fit right on the right side so it's really uncomfortable. Good thing my Adidas pants are my favorite outfit to wear!!

Happy Easter!
This is a picture of Subie on our trip....he's sooo good in the car!!


No comments: