Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Friday!

It feels so good to be back into a routine! After today, I'll have three days of work in! Although they aren't full eight hour days, I'm still getting a lot accomplished. At the end of the five hours I'm SO tired. I'm hoping that will start to go away and I can make it a full day soon.

I went to see my primary care doctor, Dr. Bartlett, yesterday afternoon. He lives across the street from my parents and recently took me on as a patient since my doctor left town. He was so caring and helpful!! He sat and talked with me about everything for at least a half hour. He's going to work with the cancer clinic in Longview to get me an appointment with the oncologist here just to see what they say about everything. I have so many questions! And although UW is the #6 cancer clinic in the US, if my case isn't as serious as they had thought, it would be nice to get treatment down here if everything is the same as up there. Radiation will most likely be once a day for 5 minutes or so. I can't imagine us having to go to Seattle every day! We'll see what they say. I would want them to do the same treatment as UW and Dr. Bartlett said they would come up with their own, as oncologists don't like to be told by other oncologists what to do. Crazy....it's gotta be an ego thing!

Dr. Bartlett gave me new medicine that should make the pain level go down to a three eventually. It's longer lasting so I don't have to take it every four hours. I took the first one last night before bed and it made it really hard to wake up this morning. I'm glad it's the weekend and I'll have time to adjust. He told my dad that the pain I'm having is the equivalent to having a broken leg!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Joe and I are going to try to make it to the Winter Hawks game tomorrow in Portland. I won free tickets from work and with everything going on, we've totally forgot about having them....and there's only 2 games left. Whoops! I want to do as many things I can these next few weeks because I really have no idea what kind of condition I'll be in soon. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Happy Friday!

No comments: