Monday, March 31, 2008

Two more days...

Only a couple of more days until I have my first chemo treatment. I'm not feeling too hot today. I have to keep reminding myself that my body wen through a pretty traumatic procedure yesterday, but my leg hurts, too. Hopefully only a couple more days of the leg pain. I can't imagine not having pain! I'm supposed to lay low today. Since my ovaries are so big, the doctors are worried about OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome). I've only had a few of the symptoms so far, but I have to take it easy. If it gets bad, I'll have to go back and have another procedure done to help. Ick!

The embryologist called this morning to give me an update on the eggs/embryos. Only two of my eggs weren't mature enough to freeze, so they were able to freeze 18. As far as the embryos go, they have fertilized 18 and are waiting the 5 days to see which ones make it. She said she expects 9-10 to make it to freezing stage. I am still so amazed by all of this! I can't thank them enough for helping me through all of this. I'll be able to start chemo on Wednesday more at ease knowing I have so many frozen! They'll call after day 5 to give me the final embryo count. But so far, 18 eggs and 20 embryos.

Please cross your fingers that I survive my first day of chemo. I was reading all of the side effects last night and I'm not looking forward to it. I have to be in Portland at 8:30 on Wednesday and they expect chemo to last for 6-8 hours that day. My dad has been talking to a lady that's on the LCC Foundation board with him who has gone through this and she said that I have to think of chemo as my best friend. It's the thing that's going to save my life! It just so happens that this "best friend" doesn't care too much about me and does its best to make me lose my hair, get sick and feel miserable throughout treatment! I just have to keep reminding myself of what she says. It's all about attitude and starting Wednesday, when I have my first encounter with the chemo, I am officially on my road to recovery!

No comments: