Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stupid bone scan!

Seattle called today regarding my bone scan. They can't get me in before my appointment with the oncologist on Thursday morning, so I have to stick around after the appointment and have it at 11:30. I thought it would be no big deal until she said, "...then you'll be ready to leave at 3:30." WHAT! I asked what she meant and she explained the process. Go at 11:30, get hooked up to IV, have crazy stuff injected into me for 3 hours and then have the scan. Awesome. After my experience with Juan, I hate the word IV. If I see him walking toward me with the needle, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. "Little poke, little poke" is all I can think of! That was a very traumatic way to start this journey being that needles/IVs are going to be a major part of this recovery process!
Other than getting the bad news that I'll have to have an IV, everything else is good. Actually, all is good except for the fact that I'm totally exhausted. And I don't have an appetite at all. The thought of food makes me want to barf, but I have to force myself to eat so I can take my pain meds. The new medicine Dr. Bartlett gave me is working a lot better. I have days that are better than others though....and today was a bad day as far as pain goes.

Thanks to all of you who are following my blog! It's so nice not to have to repeat what's going on 50 times a day! :)

I have my appointment with the fertility doctor in Portland tomorrow at 2 and then we're off to Seattle. I'll write more then!

Night! See what i mean? It's just a little past 8 and I'm going to bed....and I've been asleep on the couch since 7. Pathetic!
I was looking through old pictures and found the one below. This was in 2003 after I flipped my QX4 three times and had to rush to the ER to visit Wayne. If I can survive that, without even a bruise, I can survive anything!! I sure am good at stressing my parents out though! ;)

No comments: