Sunday, March 30, 2008

Third entry of the day....I'm just so excited!

We're back from Portland and I'm feeling pretty good all things considered. The procedure went great this morning. I was put to sleep, so I don't remember much. Apparently I kept saying how hungry I was and that I wanted to go to the Screen Door! Joe said when Dr. Bankowski came and told me how many eggs they got I said, "Holy schnikies!" Are you kidding me?! I haven't said schnikies since middle school! I don't remember any of that though and when he told me again later how many eggs they got, it was like I was hearing it for the first time. Pretty funny! Hope those are the only two crazy things I said!
Words can't describe how thankful I am for having the opportunity to do this. I'll be able to start chemo on Wednesday with a lot less worry of infertility. I can't stress enough how important it is for young women like me to be educated about options before starting treatment. The first doctor I saw didn't even mention it until we said something about it.

If you're someone who has just stumbled across this blog and you've recently been diagnosed with cancer (I sound like a commercial or something!), know that there are options out there for you! When I first heard that I had the nasty "c" word, the first thing that went through my head was, "I'm not going to be able to have kids!" NOT TRUE. Get help....it's amazing how people will reach out to help!

Here are the two websites that I am most thankful for and have great information about getting help:



They didn't fertilize the eggs until this afternoon, so I wont have pictures of the embryos until Tuesday or Wednesday. Some of the 48 wont make it to the next step, but from what the embryologist said, they all look very good.

Here's the picture they gave me.....the dark spots eggs. This is just a few of the 48. Truly amazing.




No comments: